- 2022/7/21 - Our paper "AI Wings: An AIoT Drone System for Commanding ArduPilot UAVs" has been published by IEEE Systems Journal!
- 2021/4/21 - The paper co-work with NetDB, "Efficient Two-stream Action Recognition on FPGA", was accepted by CVPR 2021 ECV Workshop!
- 2021/4/20 - The paper co-work with NetDB and Netflix, "TAGNet: Triplet-Attention Graph Networks for Hashtag Recommendation", has been published by TCSVT!
AI Wings - An AIoT Drone System
AI Wings is an AIoT Drone System that consists of a cloud server for commanding drone fleets securely, software/hardware design for AIoT drones, and VR simulation for training and testing AI models. Users can install the AI models on the drones and deploy them in the real world. This project is under active development. Welcome to join us! (project home)
Drone Action Recognition
In this project, our goal is to train an embedded action detector on a drone that can recognize complex human actions such as running, eating, smoking, photo shooting. We have created a large-scale dataset to evaluate our algorithm. (project home)
VIVID - Virtual Environment for Visual Deep Learning
VIVID is a photo-realistic simulator that aims to facilitate deep learning for computer vision, which supports different characters: robot, drone, and automobile. The platform can be used for many research fields including deep reinforcement learning, semantic segmentation object recognition and human action recognition. For more details please visit the project's homepage.
We work together with Feng Chia University to develop a real-time pothole detector on Xilinx FPGA. Additionally, we propose to train detectors in VIVID, and increase the accuracy with less real training photos. Our system can also connect to CarSim and simulate the response of real cars' suspension systems. (project home)
Prof. Kuan-Ting (K. T.) Lai 賴冠廷
Dr. Kuan-Ting Lai received bachelor's degree in Electric Engineering and master's degree in Computer Science from National Taiwan University in 2003 and 2005. After graduation, he joined Quanta Computer as a video ASIC engineer for 4 years, and started to pursue Ph.D. in 2009, under supervision of Prof. Ming-Syan Chen. During 2012-2013, Dr. Lai visited Prof. Shih-Fu Chang’s DVMM lab at Columbia University, and co-developed a large-scale video event detection system with IBM T. J. Watson Research Center. He received his Ph.D. degree in Feb. 2015 and became the VP of technology at Arkados Group. He also co-founded AnyCharge, a wireless charging service provider in Asia. In 2018, Dr. Lai has joined the Department of Electronic Engineering at National Taipei University of Technology (臺北科技大學電子工程系). He led a group of students to win the ACM Multimedia Best Open-Source Software Award at the same year. His research interests include Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), computer vision, virtual-to-real learning and Internet of Things. His habit is traveling around the world by joining conferences and making new friends.
- Hardware Engineer, Inventec, 2019 - 2022
- Advanced Placement Computer Science (APCS) Teaching Assistant
- Hardware Engineer, Accton (智邦科技), 2021 - 2022
- Joined International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) & ACM National Programming Contest for Private Universities (NCPU)
- Advanced Placement Computer Science (APCS) Teaching Assistant
- Software engineer, LargitData
- 7th HACKATHON TAIWAN JUNIOR, Honorable Mention Award
- Software Engineer, Stark Technology Inc. (2020 - present)
- Engineer, Acer Cyber Security Inc.
- Technical Supervisor, Atrust Computer Corp.
- 17+ years of sales field in the information technology (IT) industry of Data Center, Disaster Recovery, Security, and Cloud.
- 110 Year Model Student of Taichung City
- Intern, Local Tax Bureau of Taichung City (TCLTB)
- Intern, Tax Payment Customer Service of the Ministry of Finance
- Academic Excellence Award, Department of Electronic Engineering, NTUT
- BIOS Server Firmware Engineer, Compal 2021
- Academic Excellence Award
- 2018 Academic Excellence Award, Department of Communication Engineerning, AEUST
- Software engineer, Micromax International Corp.
- Quality Testing Engineer, Xiaomi Taiwan
- Quality Testing Engineer, OPPO/Realme Taiwan
- Intern, CyberLink
full member list...
The table was created using Google Scholar on Jan. 25, 2023. For latest information, please visit My Google Scholar Profile.
|AI Wings: An AIoT Drone System for Commanding ArduPilot UAVs
KT Lai, YT Chung, JJ Su, CH Lai, YH Huang
IEEE Systems Journal, 2022
TAGNet: Triplet-Attention Graph Networks for Hashtag Recommendation
YC Chen, KT Lai, D Liu, MS Chen
IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 2021
Efficient Two-Stream Action Recognition on FPGA
JM Lin, KT Lai, BR Wu, MS Chen
Proceedings of the IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern …, 2021
Learning Pothole Detection in Virtual Environment
JC Tsai, KT Lai, TC Dai, JJ Su, CY Siao, YC Hsu
2020 International Automatic Control Conference (CACS), 1-5, 2020
Who is the boss? Identifying key roles in telecom fraud network via centrality-guided deep random walk
YC Chang, KT Lai, SCT Chou, WC Chiang, YC Lin
Data Technologies and Applications, 2020
|AnyCharge: An IoT-Based Wireless Charging Service for the Public
KT Lai, FC Cheng, SCT Chou, YC Chang, GW Wu, JC Tsai
IEEE Internet of Things Journal 6 (6), 10888-10901, 2019
|VIVID: Virtual Environment for Visual Deep Learning
KT Lai, CC Lin, CY Kang, ME Liao, MS Chen
2018 ACM Multimedia Conference on Multimedia Conference, 1356-1359, 2018
|The privileged sensing framework: A principled approach to improved
AR Marathe, JS Metcalfe, BJ Lance, JR Lukos, D Jangraw, KT Lai, ...
Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science 19 (3), 283-320, 2018
Mining the Networks of Telecommunication Fraud Groups using Social Network Analysis
YC Chang, KT Lai, SCT Chou, MS Chen
Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM), 2017
|Learning sample specific weights for late fusion
KT Lai, D Liu, SF Chang, MS Chen
IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 24 (9), 2772-2783, 2015
|Recognizing complex events in videos by learning key static-dynamic evidences
KT Lai, D Liu, MS Chen, SF Chang
European Conference on Computer Vision, 675-688, 2014
|Video Event Detection by Inferring Temporal Instance Labels
KT Lai, XY Felix, MS Chen, SF Chang
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2013 IEEE Conference on, 2014
|Sample-specific late fusion for visual category recognition
D Liu, KT Lai, G Ye, MS Chen, SF Chang
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2013 IEEE Conference on, 803-810, 2013
|Human action recognition using histogram of oriented gradient of motion history image
CP Huang, CH Hsieh, KT Lai, WY Huang
Instrumentation, Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control, 2011 …, 2011
Office AddressComplex Building (綜科館), Room 406-1. No. 1, Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Taipei City, 10643, Taiwan (臺北科技大學)
(+886-2) 2771-2171 Ext. 2275